Conserving Nature's Footprints is an outreach project teaching adults, teenagers, and kids how to enjoy the outdoors while minimizing their impact on the environment.
The project incorporates classroom-type activities, hands-on experiences and field trips for adults, youth and children allowing individuals and teams to experience nature to its fullest while leaving no trace behind.
The project is led by Cyndy Nemcik, a trained "Leave No Trace" Master Educator, a Texas Master Naturalist and an interpretive guide for the City of San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department. Cyndy also conducts Trail Patrol for Government Canyon State Natural Area and is certified in Wilderness First Aid.
To contact Cyndy or learn more about the project, please Email us at Footprints@BalancedEcology.org.
What do we offer?
Our activities are specifically designed for adults, teenagers, and kids through our separate programs.
- Minimum Impact Training - learn how to hike and primitive camp leaving minimal human impact.
- Share your knowledge - Awareness workshops designed to teach how to communicate minimal human impact techniques with friends, groups and your community.
- Teacher Education - seminars of the principals of "Conserving Nature's Footprints" for teachers proving the knowledge and tools to pass to students.
- Become a Trainer - "Leave No Trace" trainer courses and awareness training with a Master Educator.
- Learn Through Your Feet - fun hiking through San Antonio's natural areas while learning about Texas native trees, flowers and wildlife.